John Graham was born in Kingarth, Buteshire, Scotland, in 1807. He attended Glasgow University and, later, the Reformed Presbyterian Theological Hall, at Paisley, during the sessions of 1822 and, again, in 1826-9. He was licensed by the Western Presbytery, in 1830. Afterward, he was called by the congregations of Wishawtown and New Cumnock and, at the Synod of 1832, he chose the former and was ordained there on August 14, 1832. In 1845, he was called to Lesmahagow which he declined. Graham remained in Wishaw until 1846, when he removed to Ayr. From 1850 until 1858, he was the clerk of Synod. In 1858, he removed to the recently organized congregation in Liverpool, where he was installed in March. He died suddenly, at Shrewsbury, on September 8, 1876. He published several things on the Revolution Settlement, including an extensive pamphlet on the Revolution Establishment (1840). Additionally, he was author several pamphlets on various topics relating to the testimony of the Reformed Presbyterian Church.