l. Do you believe the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the Word of GOD, and the alone infallible rule of faith and practice?
2. Do you own the whole doctrine of the Westminster Confession of Faith, and the Catechisms, Larger and Shorter, as these were received by the Church of Scotland?
3. Do you believe that: the LORD JESUS has instituted one unalterable form of government in his church, distinct from, and independent of civil government; and that it is exclusively Presbyterial?
4. Do you own the perpetual obligation of our Covenants, National and Solemn League?
5. Do you approve the faithful contendings of the confessors and martyrs of JESUS, especially against Popery and Prelacy; and do you own the Judicial Testimony of this church, as an abstract of said contendings?
6. Is it the glory of GOD and the edification of the church, and not any selfish object, that move you to undertake this sacred office?
7. Do you promise, in the strength of divine grace, to rule well your own house—to live a holy life—to watch faithfully over the members of this church—to exhort with meekness and long-suffering—to visit the sick and the afflicted; and to attend punctually the meetings of the church courts, when regularly called thereunto, judging faithfully in the house of GOD?
8. Do you promise subjection, in the LORD, to the judicatories of this church—to adhere to the doctrine and order which this church has solemnly adopted; and finally, will you receive with meekness all fraternal counsel and admonition tendered by your fellow members?